Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Regularly vacuum your carpets and upholstery often to remove dust and grit that can cause soiling and fibre abrasion.
- Rearrange the furniture and turn cushions occasionally to ensure even wear of the cushions, fillings and fabrics.
- Solid stains should be gently scraped and lifted off the surface
- Liquid stains should be blotted up with a clean white absorbent material.
- Work from the outer edge to the centre of the stain.
- Avoid rubbing, over agitating or too much pressure to avoid damaging the fabric fibres.
- Protect furnishings from the sun and strong natural light as this will cause fibre degeneration and colour fade. Occasionally, dyes can fade from impurities within the atmosphere such as cigarette smoke, cooking fumes etc.
- Keep pets off the furniture. Pet urine and body oil can weaken and even destroy fibres.
- Leading retailers recommend that you have your upholstery and furnishings professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months. This can double the life of your furnishings.
- Following any cleaning please be aware that coming from a dirty area the carpet will instantly pick up any dirt from your feet.